Yes Dad, there I said it. A guru.
If you have ever hurt your hamstring, are currently trying to rehab one now, or just love to study sports science…then you definitely need to check out this ebook. It is a total guide to Hamstring treatment. My Dad, Loris Bertolacci is the author, and if anyone should know about hamstring injuries it’s him. Not only was he an elite sportsman himself (bit old for that now but still very fast), he has worked with elite athletes in almost any sport you can name, and is currently doing a lot of work with high profile tennis players in Aus. For those not coming from the land down under, we have our own little code of football. Actually it’s not so little. It is by far the most popular sport in the country, and is big news. Dad ran the fitness department in a few of these clubs for longer than I can remember, and at the ripe old age of 25, that’s a long time. The point is, he seriously knows what he is talking about. I will stop rambling on about how good he is…If you want to know more about him and his experiences, check out his blog. This is his CV and here is the rest of his blog: Loris Bertolacci.
Anyway, here is a bit about the ebook, it is deadset worth your while. Even if you are not recovering from a hamstring injury, this will increase your knowledge to way beyond what you thought you knew, and I have to say, is fantastic value. Dad has been around the block, he knows what he is talking about. By the way, it had 119 pages, so be prepared to read. Oh and it is only $19.95… a massive steal considering the information in my opinion, but hey, I’m not selling it.
- Learn the techniques used in high-performance environments, including Australian Rules’ Football Clubs.
- Choose from more than 150 exercises – no matter your strength, flexibility, or fitness, there will be exercises that are right for you!
- View over 250 pictures describing the exercises and stretches – EVERY exercise and stretch is detailed with descriptive pictures.
- Finally discover which stretches work and when to use them.
- Stop guessing how far you’ve come with our techniques to assess your progress.
- Compare your progress to the statistics of real elite athletes!
- Are weak core muscles causing your hamstring problems? Find out!
- Harness sports specific advice to tailor your recovery to the way you use your body.
- Choose from one of 8 different rehabilitation programs to find the right one for you
- Learn surprising and critical information on when to rest, when to work hard, and how hard to work.
- Discover the secrets of the pros, including a simple pain awareness scale that can keep you from reinjuring your hamstring!
- Learn how your own strength could be sabotaging your hamstring, and find out how to correct the imbalance!
- Read the dozens of citations of current injury healing literature throughout the book.
Take a look at the site and check it out yourself, but it is seriously a good read, from a guy who knows A LOT about sports science and conditioning.