Lower back spasms are surprisingly common, and just as common as they are, they are painful and often debilitating. Many people will have suffered from them at some point in their lives, and often they are hard to get rid of. Lower back spasms causes vary quite a lot, and the truth is there is no real explanation as to why they occur. Obviously there has to be some sort of trauma or injury previous to the spasms arriving. Often people with an injury to the area, or some sort of imbalance will have muscles spasms in the back as a result of the dysfunction. You can treat the spasms by themselves, however ultimately you need to get rid of the underlying problem, in order to be sure that your spasms are completely gone. Some common causes of back spasms in the lower back are:
- Muscle Injury: If you have suffered a strain to the muscle you may have back spasms as a symptom.
- Spinal Ligament Injury: Often people will damage the ligaments of the spine, and this is a common cause of spasms.
- Overuse Of The Muscle: Overuse of the lower back is common, considering the work that it does. Tired muscles are more susceptible.
- Herniated Or Bulging Disc: If you have suffered from a herniated or a bulging disc at some point, it is likely that this will be one of your main symptoms.
- Bad Posture: Bad posture is very common these days, and causes many muscle imbalances.
- Trauma: Any kind of trauma to the lower back may cause the muscles to be overactive and will result in spasms.
- Bone Spurs: Considering the weight that the lower back carries everyday, bone spurs in the lower back area are quite common, and not surprisingly. ?
Here is a video explaining lower back muscle spasms in more detail.